|Date of Birth:||20/07/1987|
|Current residence:||Ghent, Belgium
|Languages:||Dutch, English, German, Swedish, French
|Degree:||Bachelor Digital Arts & Entertainment|
Provide companies and customers with the best advice and feedback on any technical art and pipeline issues, based on my years of industry experience as a technical artist. I specialize in PBR texturing and import/export pipelines.
|February 2009 – June 2009:||ExDream GmBh, Hannover. Internship as 3D artist|
|September 2009 – August 2011:||University College of West-Flanders,3D Lecturer|
|March 2010 – August 2012:||Eat3D LLC, DVD Instructor|
|October 2010 – May 2011:||Liquid Development, Contract 3D Artist|
|September 2011 – February 2013:||Splash Damage, London, Technical Artist|
|March 2013 – May 2015:||EA DICE, Stockholm, Technical Art Director|
Notable Achievements & Accolades
- Released 3-part instructional DVD on high- and lowpoly modeling and texturing for Eat3D LLC.
- Authored acclaimed viewport-shader script for 3DS Max together with Robbert-Jan Brems, used worldwide by AAA-games studios during previous generation.
- Provided technical art and pipeline support on Splash Damage’s Dirty Bomb project during early stages.
- Provided techincal art support and direction on EA DICE’s Mirrors Edge Catalyst.
- Filled guest speaker slot with Allegorithmic at GDC 2014, talking about texturing pipelines for Mirrors Edge.
- Excellent communicator, forming the link between artists and programmers due to understanding of all development aspects.
- Complete and thorough knowledge of asset creation pipeline, both current-gen Physically-Based (PBR) as well as diffuse-only workflows.
- Strong proponent of smart workflows and procedural content.
- Knowledge of lighting, Global Illumination, physically-based rendering and shading as well as HDR.
- Ability to rig & skin character, vehicle and weapon meshes.
- Traditional & digital drawing skills, ability to come up with original ideas & concepts and illustrate them.
- Scripting knowledge: Extensive Maxscript, Python and basic MEL.
- Extensive HLSL knowledge, ability to use, adapt and create HLSL shaders, knowledge of realtime rendering.
- C++ Programming knowledge (STL, coding standards, DirectX).
- 3DS Max
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Substance Designer
- Adobe Premiere & After Effects
- Adobe Soundbooth
- Unreal Engine
These days I’m quite passionate about traveling and exploring the world. I’ve started working part-time as a motorcycle tour-guide and have an adventure-travel-photography blog called RideIntoTheSun. I’m an avid photographer and always aim to further my skills with the camera. I’m also very much into working with my hands and am a bit of an amateur mechanic on motorcycles and cars.